Relaxing Onsen, Japanese Culture and a New Level of "Chill"
When traveling abroad to Japan during winter, make sure you have the perfect HOT SPRING destination marked off on your map!....
- :::Hakone Kowakien Yunessun:::
- The best feature is the outdoor bath giving you sizzling hot water with a cool breeze blowing overhead. Words can't really describe this bittersweet feeling that'll overcome your body.
Location: 250 - 0407 Kanagawa Prefecture,
Ashigarashimo district, Hakone-chō Ninotaira 1297
- Tel: 0460-82-4126
Yunessun (swimsuit area) 9:00 to 18:00
- Admission Fees
- Fees are broken down into entry into one of the two onsen, or for unlimited entry into both. Both a recommended so you can get the full experience.
Mori No Yu (non-swimsuit open-air hot spring area)
Adult ¥1,900 / child ¥1,200
Yunessun & Mori No Yu Entry:
Adult ¥4,100 / child ¥2,100
Hakone Kowakien Yunessun official website (English)
- Kawari Yu (変 わ り 湯):
Each month the flavor of the hot spring changes providing a whole new atmosphere to the hot springs.
※ Ongoing information about the month's aroma can be found on the entrance signs for Mori No Yu.
※ Please check to make sure you don't have allergies before arriving!
- Yunessun (Bathing Suit Area)
- The bathing suit area of Yunessun is a great place to try out unique baths that you can't really find anywhere else. For example a Sake-fū ryo (酒 風 呂 = Japanese Sake Spa)!
9:00 to 18:00
Entry: Adult ¥2,900 / child ¥ 1,600
Yunessun & Mori No Yu Entry: Adult ¥4,100 / child ¥2,100
- Hon kaku kohi fu ryo (本 格 コ ー ヒ ー 風 呂 = Coffee Spa)
- ※ Mori No Yu must wear swimsuits.
※ Swimwear rentals available.
Visitors are required to wear swimsuits in all the areas designated Swimsuit only! You can dive into interesting pool such as this one made of coffee. ^^ Please try to resist the urge to drink it all!!
- Get all Sauced Up!
- A special theme based pool is also available featuring seasonal themes and items. As pictured, they have chocolate baths you can enjoy as a group or by yourself. The previous theme included a pink rose bath made of several roses.
Off to the WATER SLIDE
Bring back your feelings of youth with "Rodeo Mountain", a haven for those thrill seekers out there wanting to experience a real waterpark. It's very rare that you would get the opportunity to enjoy a waterpark in the dead of winter but with the heated pools it's possible!
(Be careful not to be stripped of your swimwear!^^)
Delicious resort quality Food
If you find yourself getting hungry be sure to put on some clothes and stop by Antie Pasta for some delicious authentic dishes.
Location: 3rd floor Yunessun
Hours: 11:00 to 21:00 (LO 20:30)
Average price: about 1000-1800 yen
- Hakone Hotel Kowakien's 3rd Floor
- Special rooms like this where you can experience Japanese culture first hand are available for free! At the Japanese Culture Experience Room you can get a chance to try on a kimono or play traditional games.
“Omotenashi Lounge" & Activity and Information Room
- Hours: 9:00 to 20:00
- Location: 3rd floor multi-purpose gallery (front)
※ Opening hours may change depending on the situation.
- Introduction to Japanese culture
- Trying on a kimono directly is the only way to know what it really feels like to be in ancient Japan! However it is a free service so sizes and availability will be somewhat limited.
for more infomation check out JAPANKURU BLOGGER
- Japanese toys and games
- Enjoy an unique chance to experience Japanese toys like Ayatori (あ や と り= Cat's cradle ) and Kendama (け ん 玉). There's also origami for those interested in testing their creative abilities to the max.
- Omiyage (Souvenirs)
- The culture of giving and receiving souvenirs in Japan is incredibly important in Japan so be sure to stock up before leaving!
"Toki long bun (金 時 ま ん じ ゅ う)"
8 pieces: 594 yen (tax-included)
12 pieces: 864 (tax included)
- Tasting specialties
- These buns are popular enough to be called a specialty of the hotel. The steamed buns are made of bean paste placed into soy-based bread perfectly made for a trip to the hot springs.
The emergence of Wi-Fi at Hakone Kowakien Yunessun is a great way to show off to all your friends the amazing time you're having at this resort! Register and used the Wi-Fi immediately after arrival
Beautiful Hakone (箱根) with one of the best hot springs in all of Japan. In particular, Hakone Kowakien Yunessun located in the midst of beautiful long picturesque stretches of mountains will satisfy your nature and relaxation fix at the same time.
Find out more?
- Related Article