Mt. Fuji: Renowned National Monument or Rubbish Dump for Tourists?
①Risk of Cleaning Crews due to slopes and unsafe conditions that the rubbish is found in
②Affects the ecosystem, helping to lead to the destruction of various animal habitats.
③Risks the environment itself with problems such as forest fires from discarded cigarettes
④Creates a negative image leading to lost visitors to the area affecting the economical ecosystem.
The Mt. Fuji Clean-up Committee was founded May 30th 2019, to help combat the problem that has arisen due to the mass increase of visitors to the area. They have two goals, which looks to be both reactive and proactive.
① Collection of Waste in the areas surrounding Mt. Fuji
②Awareness of the problems that Mt. Fuji faces in regards to the Littering problem
In order to achieve their aims, they are looking to crowdfunding, due to the loss of funding from businesses and groups in the area due to a massive decline in tourism.
The area is currently in a period where great change is possible. Tourism has decreased due to the coronavirus, which has been impactful on the economy but great for the ecosystem due to a reduction in littering. Before the area sees a full revival of tourist numbers, it is possible to clean a wide area and make the surrounding forest and roads become cleaner. But to do this funding is necessary to help pay workers as well educate potential visitors to the area.
To help this group and have an effect on the surrounding environment, you can help donate to the project or even back it and receive some goods to help raise awareness!
Title: Mt. Fuji Clean-up Project: Keeping Mt. Fuji to the Standard of a World Heritage Site
End Date: September 26th 2020
- Basic Info
- Japankuru Funding
Hey everyone! We hope that we can help you keep up to date with all the projects and things we have going on over at Japankuru Funding! We hope that you find the projects on the site as interesting as we do!SHOW COLUMN
- CULTURE Mirai Support looks to bridge Japan and Myanmar by Funding the Salween Yadanar Monastery...by Japankuru Funding 2020.11.20
- SHOPPING GREENTOY- Crowdfunding to save the world one bottle at a time!by Japankuru Funding 2020.07.09
- SHOPPING Introducing the Mask to beat all others - Including even the Abenomask!by Japankuru Funding 2020.05.15
- Related Article
- TOUR A Trip to See the “Tensan” Silk of Azumino ・ Japan's Most Beautiful Silk You've Never... 2021.03.30
- TOUR Fall Travel in Kurobe, Toyama ・ Fall Leaves, Luxurious Onsen, and the Classic Torokko... 2021.03.01
- FOOD Nagano's Everyday Gibier - Wild Game in the Forests of Japan and on the Dinner Plate 2021.02.12