Fukushima Tourism (=^・・^=) Cats In Charge
Meet Fukushima's Ashinomaki-Onsen Station's Puurrrfect Stationmaster
- Fellow feline stationmaster, Kotora! This part tabby kitty patrols Kichigahara Station.
Cuties in Charge!
The Ashinomaki Onsen Station is in Fukushima and became famous for their stationmaster Bus the cat!
Bus was a stray that used to love hanging around Ashinomaki Onsen Station's platform and even riding the trains! So Bus was eventually appointed the role of stationmaster in 2008✧♡✧
Fun fact! Bus was named after the cat bus in Studio Ghibli's 'My Neighbor Totoro'.
Bus was the Ashinomaki Onsen Station stationmaster until she was 17 years old, and the baton was passed to an American Curl, Love😻
🐱Visit Ashinomaki Onsen Station🐱
- Idol of Ashinomaki Onsen Station
- Thanks to Bus, Love, and Kotora being such great stationmasters, taking the job serious, the Aizu Railway has said to increase in passenger numbers! Many people come just in hopes off seeing these feline stationmasters💖 Keychains, pictures, and other goods can be bought here too!
- Where All the Work Got Done
- Sadly, Bus passed away in the spring of 2016. Bus was said to have spent most of her time in the waiting room of the station sleeping and relaxing, so that area is kept open as a memorial. Out of respect and love for Bus, this area is very sacred. No pictures, food, or drinks are allowed.
- Ashinomaki Onsen Station
- The area around Ashinomaki Onsen Station is truly a beautiful and quiet town. Only can special towns like this in Japan be able to pull off having cat stationmasters. It's really sweet to know that they town came together for Bus's retirement/Love's welcoming ceremony. Also how Bus's death affected the town. Visiting an area like that gives you another side of Japan. Plus, for if you're a cat lover, you HAVE to stop by and share your love!!😻😻😻😻
Exploring around Ashinomaki Onsen
Ashinomaki Onsen Station is close to the popular tourist spots like Ouchijuku, Tsurugajo Castle, and the Samurai Mansion Aizu Bukeyashiki. Ashinomaki is only 25 minutes from the heart of Aizuwakamatsu, making it perfect for an overnight stay or day trip!!
Aizu Ashinomaki Onsen Tourism Site (English)
To find out more about getting around Fukushima:
For more interesting topics,
Please click here → JAPANKURU
to check out our official blog
Be sure to look at JAPANKURU
🐶 for more exciting articles every day!!
- Related Article