What to Buy in Akihabara: Guide to Shopping near Akihabara Station ◎ AKIBA TOLIM
◎Shopping Center in Akihabara◎
In the Heart of the Sub-Culture District
Akihabara is one of Tokyo's most visited tourist destinations, especially for its 'subculture' aspect. Fans of figurines, animation and maid cafes will not miss a crumb of a very colorful neighborhood. It is appreciated by tourists from all over the world but it is often thought that this district is reserved for the manga/anime universe when it is not the case. Being close to three major Tokyo stations → Asakusa, Kanda and Ueno many train lines allow to get there:
· JR Yamanote and Chuo-Sobu Line
· Tsukuba Express line
Let us tell you about a commercial complex directly connected to Akihabara station → AKIBA TOLIM
- To the right of Tsukuba Express Akihabara Station Exit
- On the floor you will find a going linking East and West exit
Simply because its access and rather practical if you stay in East-Tokyo and you will find all the popular brands of the moment.
◎◉Why AKIBA TOLIM?◉◎
Most shopping centers in downtown Tokyo are crowded but AKIBA TOLIM is not. This is an advantage because you will not have to worry too much stock side and enjoy a relaxing shopping session.
Men's & Ladies' Apparel
Maker's Shirt Kamakura
- This brand of designer shirts was born in Japan, specifically in the city of Kamakura south of Tokyo. The brand is recognized not only for its design but also for the quality of its products around the world. We find their products in New York.
- Selected slothing store
- Shirts of your choice
Store clerks will listen to your expectations to find items based on your daily fashion. Their shirts are famous among not only Japanese but foreign visitors for their high quality and preciseness of each and every stitch. Selling both men's and women's clothing, most of the fabrics used for the shirts are 100% cotton, some even have a 200, 300 count. What impressed us the most was how breathable the fabric is. Many dress shirts are thicker and get hot after awhile, so if you want a breathable fabric you need to pay a pricey penny. The shirts here though start from around 5,000 yen (about $46) so you don't have to worry about killing your wallet!
- Wide choice of ties
- Made in Japan
Aside from shirts they also sell handmade ties. A majority of their ties are made in either Japan or Italy. When you look at the price tag you will be able to see which country it was from because of the flag on the tag. Decorative cufflinks are also for sale! We liked the threaded ones, it sort of gave off a Japanese sort of vibe.
★Maker's Shirt KAMAKURA
⏰11am to 9pm
Official Japanese website
Official English website
- BOSE is a brand of acoustics from the United States and appreciated throughout the world. If you are a musician or simply a music lover, you know their good reputation as well as we do. At AKIBA TOLIM you can test a wide range of brand devices while being referred by professional sound advice.
- Be advised by experts
- Test your future purchases
- Wireless headphones with limited colors
There they had a lot of "first in Japan" items for sale. With AKIBA TROLIM being a quieter place compared to an electronic store, you can fully get the experience of how well the speakers and headphones work. Not to mention things are TAX-FREE! The clerk said that many people from specifically Asian countries go there and buy speakers because it is way cheaper than in their home countries.
Official website (ENG)
Lifestyle Amenities, Fashion
- MUJIRUSHI is a brand offering products that are 'simple' in everyday life: furniture, snacks, stationery, etc. This is one of the most popular brands in Japan and you can be zero-rated if you are shopping in Japan so why not take this opportunity.
- Cooking utensils
Here you will find more than 7000 different items and since AKIBA TOLIM
is not too crowded for shopping at your leisure.
They also sell really nice products travel sizes which is great for well...traveling!
★ Mujirushi Ryohin
⏰11am to 10pm
- UNIQLO is undoubtedly the most radiant clothing brand across the Japanese archipelago. It ranks first in sales of ready-to-wear. Often recognized as very cheap, the brand tries to break away from this image by working with famous designers offering interesting collaborations. There is little the brand has proposed a range of T-Shirt for the 50th anniversary of the JUMP, AKIBA TOLIM you can try your clothes in peace and quiet then have a look at what's new at UNIQLO.
Hibiki at AKIBA TOLIM is scheduled to close on January 31, 2019
- PABLO is a cheesecake shop that you would not want to miss when you visit Japan! Why? Simply because their cakes are succulent and melt in the mouth. You can choose the degree of cooking of your cake.
- Cheese tart with a thick and almost melting texture
- It's up to you to choose the flavor that tempts you
- Cheese tart with strawberry and blueberry
Shopping in Akihabara
Popular Shopping Mall Next to Akihabara Station
Even if you are not very interested in the subculture,
you can still enjoy a shopping session at AKIBA TOLIM.
🏢1-6-5 Kanda Sakumacho, Chiyoda, Tokyo
Also, be sure to look at JAPANKURU
🐶 for more exciting articles every day!!
Or add us on Google+
to share your Japanese pictures💖🗾
- Related Article