Japanese Brand in Fashion Capital Harajuku - glamb Tokyo collaborates with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind
Popular Japanese Clothing Brand Does a Collaboration with Famous Japanese Anime Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Harajuku is home to Tokyo's kawaii culture, filled with people in all sorts of popular Japanese fashion (lolita, gothic lolita, decora, cyber, fairy kei, etc). More and more recently though you have begun seeing a combination of this famous "crazy" Harajuku fashion and more "calmed down" yet still unique fashion, making Harajuku one of the world's fashion centers. There are many hidden brands and stores here in Harajuku, and we stumbled on one that is doing a collaboration with the popular anime/manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! So for you anime and fashion fans, this time JAPANKURU introduces a hidden clothing store near Takeshita Dori.
High-Quality Japanese Brand
The fashion brand glamb started in 2003 and has been a favorite brand of many Japanese idols for a long time. One of them, who you loves the brand so much volunteered to model for them, is a Japanese drummer and actor Nobuaki Kaneko. Rather than being a bright and poppy store, their brand image is more of their intake on "luxurious American grunge". However, they have done many collaborations with for example JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, chiitan, giving you a variety of style looks. Although this store is not big, once you step into it, you can deeply feel the superb design taste of the founder and the vision of the brand.
Business hours: noon～8pm
Okayama Denim with an Origin Design
- Okayama Denim specializes in Japanese Selvedge denim which is said to be the holy grail in the jean world due to it being made on a special shuttle loom using high-quality materials allowing you to wear them longer. There are a variety of styles of their Japanese Selvedge denim, but many currently have a retro feeling to them.
Inexpensive yet High-Quality Leather Accessories
- The founder of glamb also has his own private design so many of the products sold at glamb are personally designed by the founder. This wallet is one of his designs, which is made of a combination of water snake and cow leather. Since the leather accessories are handmade, each one is unique and a little different from the other. The most important thing is that for being real leather the prices are relatively cheap.
glamb x JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Just in time for the new series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind, glamb started a special collaboration with the hit anime/manga series. Selling shirts, jackets, and shoes with popular JoJo characters like Pannacotta Fugo, Leone Abbacchio, annd Giorno Giovanna. There is also a collaboration with part 3 "Stardust Crusaders"! When we were looking around the store there were a number of Westerners that came to buy some JoJo wear showing how much attention this collaboration is getting. So if you're a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fan, be sure to come and check it out!
Fashion for Everyone
Aside from creating clothes with the "grunge for luxury" concept, they also have clothes that are popular among many Japanese men in their 20's and 30's, replacing grunge with casual. Another way of explaining it is if you are familiar with Japanese idols, this is the type of style you will often see them wearing.
There is also fashion directed towards women, however much of the articles of clothing are considered gender neutral which is rare for many Japanese clothing brands.
Handmade earrings and bracelets are sold in the store using real fruits, flowers which is also something unique.
Getting to glamb Tokyo from JR Harajuku Station
JR Harajuku Station Takeshita Exit Exit ► Go down to the end of Takeshita Dori and cross the street ► On the opposite side you will see the Harajuku Information Center (Moshi Moshi Box) ► Walk along the road and you will see glamb Tokyo on the right-hand side.
- Related Article
- NSHOPPING These Classy Leather Pouches From Japan Are Made to Hold Just One Thing, and It's Not... 2021.10.16
- CULTURE Japanese Survey Raises Eyebrows by Asking All About Working Men's Eyebrows 2021.10.06
- CULTURE Japanese Government Lifting State of Emergency and Emergency Measures Nationwide 2021.09.30