Five New Gift Ideas for 2020
What do you have in mind for 2020 in Japan? Seeing the cherry blossoms? Olympic and Paralympic games? Anyone thinking of getting some shopping done in Japan? Here is a list of 5 items to put on your gift list.
1. The first spring of Reiwa: Mount Baum Kuchen
- Had a baum kuchen before? This won't be like any of those you've ever tried!
This two flavours layered on one another has a rich butter flavoured centre and lovely cherry blossom on the outer layer actually using the scents of a Sakura leaf.
This cake is called "Reiwa no Shoshun" 【令和の初春: れいわのしょしゅん】 which translates to the first spring of Reiwa, and is available at Nenrinya in Ginza for 1,700 yen.
2. Panda and Mouse Baumkuchen: Katanukiya
- This is a baumkuchen with a soft strawberry flavor. In addition to the cute panda, of course, we must welcome the new day with the 2020 zodiac "rat"!
Price: 540 yen (tax excluded)
Sales place: Daimaru Tokyo Store, 1st floor (until January 7, 2020)
Official website: カ タ ヌ キ ヤ
3. Popular gifts in Kamakura !! The taste of chestnut and gold in the first half of the year.
- A half moon shaped cookie sandwich with 2020 representing the zodiac, sandwiched with sweet chestnuts and sweet potato-flavored cream, a new year with new flavors!
Price: 1,700 yen (tax excluded).
Sales locations: Daimaru Tokyo store, 1st floor, Mitsukoshi Ginza, 2nd floor, 1st floor, Seibu Ikebukuro store. For other stores, please refer to the official website.
Website: Goro , Kamakura
4. The auspicious fruit spring
- A symbol of lucky dessert, paired with a white rat-shaped lamb with good luck.
Price: 1,300 yen (excluding tax)
Sale place: Refer to the official website
Official website: Kyogo Takaya Tsuruya
5. 2020 Tokyo Olympic sponge cake
- Speaking of Tokyo Hand Letters, of course Tokyo Banana Cake is indispensable!
For Japan, the Olympics will be held in Japan in 2020. Everyone attaches great importance to and looks forward to the event. Then of course you need to find a gift to cooperate with the Olympics, right?
Price: 1,134 yen (taxed)
Sales place: Tokyo Station, Narita Airport, etc.
Official website: Tokyo Banana (traditional)
(Picture and data source: PR TIMES )
- Basic Info
- Miya Chong
Here is Miya, a girl from Hong Kong who likes reading books (sociology, psychology and philosophy...) AND Netflix! Follow my stupid life in Japan ❥ig@__b2m__
- Related Article