See The Local Cats And Enjoy The Streets At Yanaka Ginza, Nippori
Let us take you on a trip to see the small town of cats.
Looking for a more traditional local style in Japan
This place in Nippori is a highly recommended destination for your next travell.
The location is convenient enough you can catch a single train from Narita airport to there.
- Out of the west exit of the station and you will soon find this place.
- You will be seeing cats all over this place. Even in front of a shop.
- You will find lots of shops related to cats as well.
Like this one here, they sell stamps with your name on it with a cute cat designed on it.
- This place sells T-shirts with cat designed prints and even hoodies with cat ears on it.
- You will see cats everywhere here in Yanaka Ginza. Real ones, cartoon ones, pictures and carvings, and many other kinds.
- You will also find a lot of buildings with different themed decors as well. Some more traditional, whereas some keep the tradition with a different approach.
- Even found an Omikuji (lucky draw) vending machine. Normally these are available at a shrine, and this one is written in four languages.
- Himitsudo, shaved ice shop always has a long queue in front of their shop.
haven't tried shaved ice in Japan yet? take a look at our previous article on Kakigori to see what it's like.
- There are also soft serves as well. This place here has original milk flavour and Kabosu, a Japanese citrus, flavour.
- Here in Nippori, and the Yanaka Ginza area, there are lots of things to see and food to try.
There are lot's of cats and cat-related objects to see here as well.
What is your favorite?
The cats, or the scenery?
Or all in one?
Come and see Yanaka Ginza and enjoy it your way!
Keep up to date with all things Japanese at JAPANKURU
Also, follow our Facebook and Instagram for new posts as well.
- Basic Info
Learn about Tokyo life, gourmet, and fun! I'll give you tips on living in Japan :-)
- Related Article