The Beer Experience, Drunken Education
If you love Sapporo beer as much as us you must be wondering about the history of the beer as well. Where did it come from? How did it get so tasty? What brewery methods were used. How much free beer can you get on a tour?
All excellent questions to ponder as we take a visual journey into this Sapporo gem.
Sapporo Beer Museum
Sapporo Beer museum was opened to educate the population about Sapporo beer in July 1987 and was renovated in 2004.
This museum is the only museum of beer in Japan.
In the exhibition booth, there are many displays and information about the history of Sapporo breweries LTD, and it also explains the Japanese beer industry.
Moreover, there is no reason to not go here because there is no entrance fee!
Entrance Fee: FREE
(Last entrance is 18:00, for groups 16:30)
Closed: Mondays (holiday on Monday, Tuesday would be closed). / New Years holiday/ special closing day
Transportation: about 10mins by taxi from Sapporo sta. ( also buses are running from Sapporo Sta. )
Sapporo Beer's Legacy
What defines greatness? Is it the things we do, the influences we create, or even the legacy we leave behind? Sapporo Beer is definitely making an impression as it was selected as one of Hokkaido's heritage Sites.
What is a Hokkaido heritage site?
It refers to tangible and intangible properties designated by the Hokkaido Heritage Concept Promotion Council as natural, cultural, industrial or other artifacts of Hokkaido legacy that should be passed on to future generations.
- # Let's start our tour on the 3rd floor.
- The museum is free to enter so you can come and go as you please as long as it during the open hours. We begin our tour on the third floor where you can enjoy the carefully thought out room that is oddly reminiscent of a beer barrel.
- # let's move on to the 2nd floor
- A huge beer keg that was actually used in the past is exhibited on this floor. It's easy to guess the tremendously huge Japanese beer industry by the size of this keg. In the museum, there are a number of pre- World War II instruments necessary for brewing beer that were actually used.
- Taste testing is the best part
- Oh, I know all of you are waiting for a Beer picture!
Oops, sorry I totally forgot to take pictures of it because I enjoyed drinking Sapporo beer too much!!
Forgive me, and instead I'll place a picture from Kirin beer! ^^
Sapporo Beer Museum (Click here)
Please check more information and news from their official web site!
- Related Article