- Tamatsukuri Onsen | Springs for the Gods, Springs for Beauties, Baths for EveryoneShimane's Tamatsukuri Onsen is famous for beautifying hot spring waters and one enormous mixed bath!
- An Osaka Hotel Next to Shinsaibashi & Namba - Spot the Glico Man from the Windows of...Cross Hotel Osaka is literally steps away from Shinsaibashi and Dotonbori, some of the best shopping and nightlife areas in Osaka!
- Take a Hot Spring Soak Among the Autumn Leaves at Akiu Great FallsEnjoy the cool weather, beautiful leaves, steaming hot springs, and the natural beauty of northern Japan, all at once!
- 2 Okinawa Hotels That Beach Lovers Need to SeeA visit to Okinawa means enjoying the sun, the sand, and the sea, and a good hotel can help you get the most out of your trip.
- 3 Unique Tokyo Hotels You'll Want to Stay in At Least Once!These Tokyo hotels are unforgettable, and all for different reasons. Make your trip to Japan unique!
- Hello Kitty Themed Hotel Rooms - New in Asakusa, Tokyo!Can't get enough of Hello Kitty? Love a good dose of pink? Then make your reservations ASAP.
- 3 Traditional Japanese Resorts Near Dogo Onsen - The Inspiration for Ghibli's Spirited...Enjoy a night of luxury and check out a must-see for fans of Miyazaki (and anyone who loves beautiful Japanese architecture).
- New Tokyo Hotel Discount Campaign for a Tokyo Staycation - Great Deals on Tokyo Hotels to...With the Be Strong, Tokyo Campaign, these Tokyo hotels are a way to get away from it all, without going anywhere.
- Coronavirus News - How is Japan dealing with COVID-19? - Matsukawaya Nasukogen Hotel's...With Japanese coronavirus cases appearing in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, and all over the world, updates on Japan's COVID-19 situation being few and far between, and Japan travel plans being canceled left and right, the JAPANKURU team wanted to find out just how businesses all over Japan were tackling the coronavirus problem, and making it through this difficult period. So we asked! Today, we're bringing you the latest news from a picturesque Japanese countryside resort in Tochigi Prefecture, normally packed with onsen hot spring bathers and vacationers, Nasu's Matsukawaya.
- Experience the Bliss of a Classic Japanese Hot Spring Ryokan Resort with 2020 Renovations...Tucked away in rural Japan, next to the Nasu Goyotei Imperial Villa (a countryside escape for Japanese royalty), Sansuikaku Ryokan is an exclusive little luxury onsen (hot spring) retreat. Natural mountain spring water baths, exquisite Japanese cuisine made from local ingredients, and renovations that keep the spaces clean and comfortable (without destroying the old-fashioned atmosphere), it all comes together to make the 14-room guest house a favorite getaway for those in the know, since the 1930s!
- Five Different Cases That Japanese Accommodations Are Implementing to Tackle CoronavirusWhile industries are facing hard times due to the fact that many of the public are voluntarily refraining from going out. The tourism industry is definitely one of the biggest industries that are affected. Although we are not sure when all this will come to an end, some are looking at things from another angle and coming up with ideas on how to improve their sales during this hard time. We picked up a few unique examples of how accommodations are tackling this matter.
- Oriental Suites Airport Osaka Rinku is Comfortable, Chic, and a Hotel Under 10 Minutes...Whether you want the most convenient hotel for travelers going through Kansai International Airport, or a great place to stay while you shop till you drop at the nearby Rinku Premium Outlets, you won't find a better place than Oriental Suites Airport Osaka Rinku. It's in the name! Less than 10 minutes away from both spots, not only is the hotel in a pretty desirable location, it also has some great views of the landing planes and the surrounding bay waters.
- Oriental Hotel Kyoto Rokujo - A Relaxingly Zen Hotel, Minutes from Kyoto StationA city of peaceful Shinto shrines and Zen temples, many visitors to Kyoto are looking for a tranquil retreat during their time in the city, which is why we have to recommend Oriental Hotel Kyoto Rokujo. Between the interiors that reflect the calm ambience of a Japanese tea house garden, the actual natural spaces right in the hotel lobby, and the hotel’s genuine efforts to produce ideal Zen meditation spaces right in the rooms, it’s a great place to spend a relaxing Kyoto excursion.
- The Gorgeous Old Kominka Homes & Other Charms of Matsumoto City's Shiga AreaKominka houses are the beautiful, old-fashioned Japanese homes that many travelers imagine when they think of Japanese architecture. They often have tatami mat floors or thatched roofs, and long, sturdy beams that run across the length of the house, holding up the roof with the power of one long-felled tree. Kominka are wonderful examples of the cultural treasures produced and preserved by hundreds of years of Japanese history, but most modern citizens tend to go for modern architecture and newly built houses these days, which means that there are fewer and fewer of these old-fashioned homes around every year. That's why it was such a treat for the JAPANKURU team to travel to Matsumoto City in Nagano this fall, and spend a few days engaging in some agritourism and exploring all the charming nooks and crannies of the picturesque kominka being restored and utilized in the city's Shiga area.
- A Kyoto Gallery and a Modern Hotel, All in One! Oriental Hotel Kyoto GalleryOn a historic Kyoto avenue and about as close to the subway station as you can get, this brand new Kyoto hotel combines traditional influences with a modern sense of style. Start the morning in a sleek new room, enter the lobby for a unique Kyoto breakfast buffet and some cultural displays, then head out of the hotel to find yourself surrounded by Japanese artisans and boutiques, and walk just minutes to arrive at Kiyomizudera Temple and some of Kyoto's other beautiful sights. (Or hop right on the subway from Kiyomizu Gojo Station to get to the Fushimi Inari Shrine in no time!) Oriental Hotel Kyoto Gallery is a great choice for travelers looking for simple, clean accommodations and a spark of Kyoto charm.
- Pika-Peek Into One of the Official Pokémon Rooms at APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARUWelcome to Japan, where APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARU is welcoming visitors with their Pokémon rooms in five locations across Tokyo and Kyoto.
- GRIDS Tokyo Ueno Hotel + Hostel: Hostel Life Made Chic & CozySleek and stylish, GRIDS Tokyo Ueno Hotel + Hostel is not only steps from one of Tokyo's major train stations and shinkansen hubs, it's also a pretty comfortable place to stay during your trip to Japan's capital. No longer must hostels be old and worn-out - GRIDS is a growing group of swanky modern hostel/hotels, made to offer reasonable accommodations to travelers in Japan's biggest cities, without sacrificing comfort or convenience. We went to take a look at their newest location, opened just recently in October 2019, and it's definitely a great deal. Read on to find out why GRIDS Tokyo Ueno is our Ueno hostel recommendation for Tokyo travelers!
- A Kanazawa Hotel Made Colorful with the Kaga 5 Colors: Hotel Intergate KanazawaThis comfortable Kanazawa hotel is not only in a convenient location for seeing the city's sights, its remarkable amenities will make you want to stay an extra day or two. An elegantly colorful enclave in a city glittering with gold, the reasonable rates make the convenient hotel lounge, offering tasty treats and local cultural workshops throughout the day, a little hard to believe. Intergate Hotel Kanazawa makes a great base while you visit Kenrokuen, Omicho Market, Higashi and Nishi Chaya-gai, and the nearby Ninja Temple! Read on to see exactly why it's such a highly recommended Kanazawa hotel.
- Resorts & Seasonal Delights - Find Out Why Nasu is Beloved by Japan's EmperorNorth of Tokyo, on the edge of Tochigi Prefecture, you'll find the town of Nasu, full of gorgeous natural scenery and extensive resort facilities. The area is so relaxing that it's become a favorite of Japan's recent emperors, and current imperial family members visit Nasu regularly. With such a royal recommendation, you might already be planning your next trip, but there's plenty to be said for Nasu even without mentioning the region's eminent guests. So let the Japankuru team walk you through the seasonal charms of Nasu, and why we highly recommend a stay at Hotel Epinard Nasu.
- Get a Great Deal on Your Hotel Near Tokyo Disneyland®! - Comfort Suites Tokyo BayWhen visiting Tokyo, Disneyland® is an important stop on many itineraries (understandable, when you get a chance to visit the happiest place on earth)! But the reality is that the theme park isn't all that close to Tokyo, and it's far more practical to stay nearby for a night or two as you enjoy the park to the fullest. That's why we recommend you take a look at Comfort Suites Tokyo Bay. Just steps from the ocean, and a quick shuttle bus trip from Disneyland®, you can't beat the location. Plus, with a substantial free breakfast buffet and totally affordable rooms, Comfort Suites Tokyo Bay is a great value. Read on to find out exactly why this hotel is a great choice for your next trip to Tokyo.
- eZONe Uplift Your eSports Experience from 2020 at this Hotel Designed for Gamers!Before the 2020 Olympics, Tokyo city government has officially announced to hold an eSports Festival around January 2020. The event has been specified to be held on the 11th and 12th of January, at Tokyo Big Sight. Starting with this, Japan will be holding more big eSports events than ever!
Although it is after that, there are going to be a few of hotels opening that is designed specifically for the esports players. and we will be covering the one that is opening the earliest, in April 2020 in Osaka.
- Convenient & Comfortable, with Kyoto Charm: We Recommend Hotel Intergate Kyoto Shijo...In the past couple decades, Kyoto has transformed from a spot only found on the itineraries of temple fanatics, to a must-see destination for any visitor to Japan. Thanks to the beautifully preserved ancient streets and temples, side-by-side with booming cafe culture and haute cuisine, it's no wonder travelers want to take a look. You wouldn't want to miss Kinkakuji and Kiyomizudera Temples, Yasaka Shrine or Fushimi Inari! Kyoto's hospitality sector has responded to this by opening hotels all over the city, in historical places like Shinmachi, a street once known for kimono fabric wholesales. On this road steeped in Kyoto tradition, you'll find a hotel where you can experience a Japanese tea ceremony, authentic maiko performances, and much more.
- Sunflower Fields & Glittering Light Shows: APA Resort Joetsu-Myoko in Niigata Will Wow YouRambling through the fields of bright yellow blooms during the daylight hours, and roaming through the glitz of Japan's biggest light show (APALLUSION) after the sun goes down, the magic of this resort in Niigata Prefecture might just blow you away. If you like relaxing travel, we recommend APA Joetsu-Myoko, which serves as a handy base to explore the charms of north-central Japan all through the day.
- Recommendations for Japanese Hotels With Delicious Meals!The criteria for selecting a hotel vary from person to person, but breakfast is an important part of the travel and physical strength of the day.
You have to eat well so you can go around!
Take a look at some of the hotels that we have been to.