JAPANESE BEEF | 4 Must Try Restaurants in Tokyo
Wagyū 【和牛：わぎゅう】 is the most famous meat in Japan for sure. Meat that's rich in omega 3 and 6.
Wagyū is a must during your visit to Japan if you want to taste the refined dishes of the country.
Let us recommend you 4 different restaurants around Tokyo where you can try on your next trip to Japan.
1. Yakiniku Blackhole (in the heart of Shinjuku)
Located on the main alley of the lively Kabukicho district in central Shinjuku, this restaurant offers wagyū tasting in one of its simplest form, Yakiniku【焼肉：やきにく】the Japanese barbecue.
Yakiniku Blackhole, Shinjuku
Level 1 Big Lemon Building, 1-15-5 Kibukicho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Google Maps
⏰: Monday - Friday noon 11:30 - 15h · evening 17h - midnight (last order 23h)
Week end and public holidays 11h30 - 15h30 · Evening 17h - midnight (last order 23h)
A black hole that you can't escape
- With its warm atmosphere, the interior of the restaurant will captivate and awaken your senses to appreciate even more of the quality and flavors of Japanese beef!
- A real charcoal grilled meat for your senses and your tastebuds.
Try your meat cooked rare, to capture all of the Japanese beef.
- Along with your meat, try these 8 different condiments and seasonings.
- Enhance your wagyu experience with all the different pleasures!
💴: · Average budget for
Lunch 1000 yen
Dinner 4000 yen
Buta-Sute (near Tokyo Station)
This wagyu restaurant is located right close to the Tokyo Station, where frequent crossings and crowded streets take place. You can taste the popular Japanese beef dish at affordable prices.
Ise Beef Butasute
5F, 2-7-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda, Tokyo Google Maps
💺: 54 seats
⏰: Mon - Sat 11:00 - 15:00 / 17:00 - 23:00
Sundays and holidays 11:00 - 15:00 / 17:00 - 22:00
Ise-gyū【伊勢牛：いせぎゅう】, another exceptional beef!
- Buta-Sute is located on the 5th floor of the building of Kitte, close to the southern exit of Tokyo Station.
If you want to taste the wagyū at an affordable price, we strongly advise you to come for lunch.
- The Gyūdon【牛丼：ぎゅうどん】, sliced beef served on a bowl of rice is a specialty of the house.
It is prepared with Ise beef, another beef that can easily compete against the very famous Kobe beef!
· Normal (Nami) 1260 yen
· Large (Omori) 1780 yen
- Another recommendation that we can make is Sukiyaki【すき焼き：すきやき】, beef cooked in a soy sauce based sauce with a slight sweetness to it.
- The price is not quite the same, but it is well worth it. The taste is exceptional and you will not regret it.
· Normal 7800 yen
· Large 9800 yen
3. Ginza Himuka in Ginza
Located in Ginza's Tokyu Plaza, this restaurant specialises in Ozaki beef, also a kind of wagyū, offers high-quality yakiniku and raw meat dishes! You can reach the store in a minute from the Ginza station.
11F Tokyu Ginza Plaza, 5-2-1 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo Google Maps
(Right above the C3 exit of Ginza station)
⏰: 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm (last order at 3:00 pm)
Evening 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm (last order at 10:00 pm)
Ozaki Beef, only 30 cows worth of beef available per month.
- Located on the 11th floor of the Tokyu Plaza Ginza, Himuka is a nice place with a luxurious interior overlooking the streets of Ginza.
- With only 30 cows sold throughout the country, Ozaki-gyū is also a rare meat, strong in taste.
It is also the specialty of the restaurant that you can enjoy it as yakiniku.
- In addition, the restaurant offers raw meat!
Why not try this beef sushi? (Only available at night)
💴: Ozaki-gyū Sushi
1500 yen + tax
- Ozaki-gyū is a breed created after 35 years of research. If you want to taste it it's happening here in Ginza!
💴: · Average budget
Lunch 1800 yen
Dinner 7000 yen
4. Misono (in Ginza)
This restaurant is considered the best of the best in Japanese beef.
If you want to taste the best Kobe beef in your life... Just go for it!
Misono Ginza Steak
5 Chome-4-9 Ginza, 中央 区 Chūō-ku, Tokyo-to-104-0061 Google Maps
⏰: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 14h / 17h - 22h
Saturday, Sunday and holidays 12h - 14h30 / 17h - 22h
A view of Tokyo & Kobe Beef
- Misono is the first restaurant to have offered Kobe beef in Teppan-yaki【鉄板焼き：てっぱんやき】, hotplate grill.
It is still considered today one of the jewels of Japanese cuisine.
Many celebrities and politicians come to dine.
- The Kobe beef or Kobe-gyu is prepared with a simple seasoning: salt, pepper, and garlic to keep all the flavors of the meat!
- You can also opt for the seafood menu, a staple of all teppan-yaki in the country.
- Once you have tasted this Kobe beef you will not forget the flavors!
💴: · Average budget
Lunch 2000 yen
I think with these four restaurants you can say that you're an expert of Japanese beef.
Of course, each restaurant has its specialty and it is up to you to choose what will be your dish.
In any case we wish you a good time!
Stay tuned for new original articles at JAPANKURU 🐶.
make sure you follow us on our Facebook
networks for more Japanese stories!
- Related Article