Trekking through Hokkaido w/ a NISSAN Rent a Car!
Taking a Nissan X- Trail Hybrid out on trip to Hokkaido we test this gentle beast in the worst of conditions! A raging snow storm in Hokkaido!! (well maybe not a real snow storm..)
Winter Travel with a Hokkaido Car Rental
During this time in the year, winter snow of Hokkaido has already run amuck so you can enjoy the snow in the winter by rental car
. After arriving in Sapporo be sure to visit the Nissan Rent-a-Car
Chitose Airport Branch located only 7 minutes by car from New Chitose Airport
[Nissan Rent a Car Chitose Airport Branch]
Address: New Chitose Airport, Bibi, Chitose, Hokkaido
Hours: 8:00 to 21:00 (no regular holidays)
Special Hours - winter season (November 1 to March 31)
8:30 to 19:30
- Driving in Japan: Rental Car Requirements
- *Make sure you have all these necessary documents before driving in Japan.
2. International driving license (must be gotten before arrival in Japan)
more info: http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-drive.html
3. Specific vehicle check
4.ETC card (High Pass) Rental
* Use Guide (English)
* Just for Rentals
- Check what vehicles are available beforehand.
- Credit cards or cash accepted.
Nissan X-TRAIL Hybrid
Our lovely mode of transportation through the rough snow covered Hokkaido journey is a X-Trail Hybrid 4x4 son of a gun! You'll enjoy getting through all conditions safely and effectively in this flagship vehicle.
Specs: X-TRAIL Hybrid: (Nissan's latest model vehicle)
Drive Type: 4WD
Seating capacity: 5 passengers
Fuel consumption: 20.0km / L
Total displacement: 2.000cc
Fuel / tank capacity: Regular lead-free gasoline / 60L
Rental rates: 6 hours - 10,800 yen 12 hours - 13,500 yen
24 hours after the Sun. 16,200 yen - yen in excess
of 12 960 1-2160 hours
* Booking: Nissan Car Rental Website (English)
- Mighty Weapons against Snow
- Snow tires I have an advantage over regular tires because the tread depth is deeper than the average tire with a convex contour allowing for the center portion of the tread to spread out better.
The spreading is from numerous deep incision lines on the protruding tread, easily discharging melted snow and allowing the tire to generate traction.
- Ample trunk space
- Got a lot of bags? No problem at all! The Nissan X-Trail's trunk space has more than enough room for all your travel bags and snow sports equipment. It also comes standard with front folding rear seats so you can cram even more in.
- Tool Rentals
- Waking up each morning it's interesting to see how much snow has been pilled on your car is never a happy sight. But luckily Nissan Rent a Car provides rental tools to clean the snow off your car. So next time you're buried in snow you can thank Nissan Rent a Car!
- Related Article