The Forest of Aokigahara Jukai: Mount Fuji
Looking for a cool place to visit in the hot summers? A forest called Aokigahara Jukai might be the right spot for that.
Unfortunately, this place is often referred to as the most famous spot for suicide, however, the local community and the police are trying to decrease the rate of suicide by promoting a safer image of the area.
They say, once you step into the forest, you will never find your way out.
This forest called the Aokigahara Jukai was famous for having the highest suicidal rate around Japan.
However, with the help of the local police and community, the rate has dropped over the past few years.
People have been at the gates stopping people that look like that they will commit suicide, making posters that will stop them from doing so as well. All sorts of ideas have helped many lives.
- The beautiful aspects of the forest
- Although a lot of people still hold a negative image of the forest, in fact, the forest is actually nominated as the natural monument by the government and is a part of the UNESCO world heritage.
The forest is full of vitality and things to discover. There are hiking courses and tours that guide you through the forest as well.
- There are camping grounds nearby, and parks as well.
There are plenty of beautiful places to look around.
If you do have plans to go hiking, just like any other places, if you step away from the tracks, you will get lost, so just make sure you go along those tracks and you will be safe.
- "Once you entre you will not be able to find your way back" is a myth.
There are people who say you won't be able to use the compass in the forest, but that is not true.
The field is surrounded by lava rocks, and some do have magnetic properties, but not much that it will affect your compass.
- You will find lava rocks like this one in the picture all around. That goes to show mount fuji is a mountain that was once covered by lava.
- They also have caves and cave tours as well.
- Sightseeing around Mount Fuji is a common thing and there is no need to be afraid.
Enjoy the beautiful forest and the scenery surrounding the mountain.
Kawaguchiko lake is a nice place to go to and the caves of wind and ice is another interesting spot as well.
We hope you enjoyed this article.
Let us know how you think about it!
Leave a comment in the section below, or send us a direct message through our social media accounts.
Want to see and learn more about Japan?
Follow our Facebook and Instagram accounts for more Japan-related stories.
We post new articles every day at JAPANKURU!
- Related Article